Last Updated on July 24, 2013 by Hanna Trafford
- 1-1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1-2/ cup of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cups of cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar
- In large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, yogurt and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Stir in cranberries.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead 6-8 timers.
- Divide dough in half.
- Transfer each portion to a greased baking sheet.
- Pat into 8 inch circle.
- Cut each circle into 8 wedges but do not separate.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Do you want to try different scones and see step by step recipe complete with photos? Check out:
Hope you will enjoy these delicious treats – please send me your comments, suggestions and experiences – your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!