Last Updated on July 23, 2013 by Hanna Trafford
You may not have thought that lemon and carrots would make a delicious bread – but you really need to try it to believe that it does!
Note: you can used chopped pecans or substitute golden raisins for them.
- 3/4 cup of softened butter
- 1-1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2-1/4 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 3/4 cups of chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons of grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl,. cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in carrots, pecans (or raisins) and lemon peel.
- Transfer into two greased 8 x 4 loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans onto a wire rack.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated.