Last Updated on November 29, 2009 by Hanna Trafford
When you make this dish, your family may not even know that it is a turkey leftover! For pasta lovers everywhere – this is a definite must!
Turkey Pasta Primavera:
2 cups of shredded cooked turkey
1 cup of uncooked penne pasta
8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
2/3 cup of carrot, julienned
3 tablespoons butter
4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup of chopped yellow summer squash
1/2 cup of chopped zucchini
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 envelope of Italian salad dressing mix
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrot in butter for about 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, yellow squash and zucchini and saute until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the turkey, tomato, dressing mix and cream.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture and gently mix to combine.
- Sprinkle with cheese and gently mix again.
Hope you enjoy this recipe and I will welcome any comments, suggestions or experiences you can send me!
[…] Turkey Pasta Primavera […]