Last Updated on January 15, 2010 by Hanna Trafford
If you enjoy prime rib roast – here is a great recipe for you! I just tried it last weekend and it was delicious!
Kosher Salt Encrusted Prime Rib Roast:
- 2 cups coarse kosher salt
- 4 pounds prime rib roast
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 210 degrees F
- Cover the bottom of a roasting pan with a layer of kosher salt.
- Place the roast, bone side down, on the salt.
- Season the meat with the ground black pepper and seasoning salt, then cover completely with kosher salt.
- Roast in preheated oven for 4 to 5 hours, or until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes.
- This sets the juices and makes the roast easier to carve.
(Note: Be sure to remove all the salt from the roast before serving.)
Hope you enjoy using this recipe – please send in your comments and suggestions – your input is always very much appreciated!
I’ve invited the whole family to ours this xmas for a traditional dinner, so the roast is pretty important! I found a lot of recipes at this roast recipe site, but cant seem to decide on one – there’s too many to choose from! It is fun planning such a big christmas meal though!
What is seasoning salt?
Varieties of seasoning salts can be found at any grocery store or supermarket in the spice section. Check out ingredients on each jar to pick the one you like to add to your particular recipe. And thanks for asking – if there is more information you need, let me know!