Last Updated on June 11, 2014 by Hanna Trafford
If you like salmon, you are going to love this recipe!The combination of orange flavor and fennel truly complements the salmon flavor – try it tonight!
- 2-3 navel oranges
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (plus additional for the baking pan)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 large bulbs of fennel
- 1 large salmon fillet (about 2 lbs.)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Coat 16 x 10 inch baking pan with oil.
- Grate 1 tablespoon of orange zest.
- Squeeze oranges to get 1/2 cup of juice.
- In a small bowl, whisk the zest, juice, oil and salt.
- Trim the fennel.
- Mince about 2 tablespoons of the feathery leaves and set them aside.
- Cut bulbs lengthwise into quarters.
- Cut out and discard the cores.
- Cut the fennel into thick slices.
- Place slices in the baking pan.
- Drizzle with half of the juice mixture and toss to coat.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally or until lightly browned.
- Remove the pan form the oven.
- Clear a space in the centre and lay the salmon diagonally in the pan, skin side down.
- Drizzle with the remaining juice mixture
- Spread to coat the fish.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 15 minutes or until salmon is opaque in the centre.