Last Updated on
First – here are a few tips:
- When you are making sorbets, you can substitute frozen fruit for fresh; just thaw it slightly before pureeing.
- These frozen desserts can be stored in the freezer for up o two days; after that, puree them again in the food processor to enjoy an extra day or two of fresh flavour.
- For an easy preparation, scoop out and freeze the finished ices on a foil-lined baking sheet.
How to make simple syrup:
- In a saucepan, bring 2/3 cups each of granulated sugar and water to boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Let cool completely.
How to make frozen desserts:
- Prepare and puree your choice of fruit to make fresh fruit puree.
- Mix with simple syrup
- Freeze in shallow cake pan for about 4 hours or until firm
- Break into chunks and puree in a food processor.
- Pack into airtight container and refreeze for 4 hours or until firm or up to 2 days.
Different Kinds Fruit Desserts:
Strawberry: Prepare 4 cups of strawberries and puree them with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Raspberry: Prepare 4 cups of raspberries and puree them with 1 tablespoon of each corn syrup and lemon juice. Strain through sieve.
Peach: Prepare 6 peaches, peeled and sliced to make 4 cups. Puree with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Fuzzy Raspberry: 5 peaches or nectarines, peeled and sliced to make 3 cups plus 1 cup of raspberries
Cantaberry: Prepare 2 cups of strawberries, 1 small cantaloupe, peeled and cubed to make 3 cups. Puree with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Blueberry Yogurt Ice: Prepare 3 cups of blueberries and puree them with 2/3 cup of plain yogurt
Lemon Line Tofu Zinger: Prepare 2 each – lemon and limes, grated and squeezed to make 3/4 cup of juice and 1 tablespoon of rind. Puree with 12 oz. of soft silken tofu and juice, stir in rind. Mix with 2 batches of simple syrup.
Hope you will enjoy these recipes – please send me your comments, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated.