Homemade Peach Pie With Sour Cream Pastry
- 5 cups o f sliced fresh peaches
- 3/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Sour Cream Pastry:
- 2-1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup of cold lard
- 1/4 cup of ice water
- 3 tablespoons of sour cream
Sour Cream Pastry:
- In a bowl, stir flour with salt.
- Using pastry blender, cut in butter and lard until in fine crumbs with a few larger pieces.
- Whisk water with sour cream, drizzle over dry ingredients, stirring to form dough and adding 1 tablespoon more of water at a time if too dry.
- Halve and press into discs.
- Wrap and refrigerate until chilled – about 30 min.
Make Peach Filling:
- In a bowl, combine peaches, sugar, flour and lemon juice and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll our half of the pastry to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Fit into 9 inch pie plate and trim rim.
- Spoon in filling.
- Roll out the remaining pastry.
- Brush rim with water.
- Place pastry over filling and trim to leave 3/4 inch overhang.
- Fold overhang under rim and flute edges.
- Cut steam vents.
- Bake in bottom third of 425F oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350F and bake until bubbly and golden brown in bottom – 60-75 minutes.
- Let cool on rack.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream for the most enjoyable delicacy!