These little chocolate cakes are delicious – and the fact that they are gluten free is a bonus! The bater can be prepared ahead of time, but the cakes are best eaten immediately after baking – so don’t put them into the oven until you are ready to serve dessert.
Gluten Free Chocolate Lava Cakes:
- 12 oz. of kosher pareve bittersweet chocolate or semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup of kosher pareve margarine, cubed
- seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup of kosher pareve coca powder (such as Ghiradelli), sifted
- pinch of salt
- 12 oz. of strawberries, hulled and diced
- Kosher non–dairy whipped topping (optional)
- In heatproof bowl or top of double boiler over hot (not biling) water, melt chocolate with margarine, stirring unttil smooth.
- Stir in vanilla seeds.
- Remove form heat.
- Whisk in sugar
- Whisk in eggs and egg yolks, one at a time
- Whisk in cocoa powder and salt.
- Pour into 12 greased ramekins and place on rimmed baking sheet.
- If you are making it ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours, add 5 minutes tto baking time.
- Bake at 425F oven, until adges are set and centres are slightly jiggly when tapped – about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 3 minutes.
- Run knife around edges and turn out onto plates.
- Garnish with strawberries and whipped topping.
Hope you will enjoY these delicious little lava cakes – please send me your comments, your input is always welcomed and much appreciated!