Last Updated on
I think dad does deserve a huge, homemade breakfast on Father’s Day, don’t you? I have put together a menu to make the task as easy as possible for you. And the recipes are simple enough so that you can have your kids helping to make this special treat for dad! And since you will be getting kids into doing special things for dad, consider helping them make their very own, handmade Father’s Day card:
Father’s Day Cards Children Can Make– it will be treasured for years to come!
If you would like to make a special Father’s Day Dinner, check out this link:
Fathers Day Breakfast Recipes:
Watermelon Lime Popsicles
- 5 cups seedless watermelon (about 1/4 of a large watermelon), diced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Discard solids and distribute the puree evenly among eight (3-ounce) Popsicle molds evenly. Freeze overnight.
Add 1/2 cup strawberries for a delicious Watermelon-Strawberry Popsicle.
Baked Pancakes and Sausages
- 1 lb. of breakfast pork sausages
- 1-3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 5 teaspoons of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups of milk
- 3 tablespoons of shortening, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan.
- Place sausages in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, white sugar and salt, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add milk and shortening and mix well.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared jelly roll pan. Arrange sausages on top of the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, In the preheated oven, or until pancakes are cooked through. Cut into 10 pieces and serve hot with butter and syrup.
Egg in a Toast
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 egg
- Butter both sides of bread.
- Cut a circular hole in the center of the slice of bread or cut out a shape such as a heart for that special touch – about 2-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle on medium-high heat.
- When the frying pan is hot, place the bread into the pan and let it brown for one minute.
- Flip the toast over and let the other side brown for one minute.
- Break the egg into the hole in the bread.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to the consistency you prefer.
English Muffin Pizzas
- 8 English muffins, split
- 1 cup of marinara sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices of pepperoni
- Set your oven on broil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Lightly toast English muffins.
- Place muffins onto prepared baking sheet and top with about 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce.
- Evenly distribute mozzarella cheese between the muffins and top each with 2 pepperoni slices.
- Place under the broiler and broil for about 25-30 seconds or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
Apple Cranberry Crumble
- 4 cups of apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, halved
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of corn starch
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F .
- Grease an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish (or any baking dish of a similar size).
- Prepare the fruit mixture. In a bowl, toss together apples, fresh cranberries and dried cranberries.
- Add sugar and corn starch and toss to mix everything well.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Make the crumble topping. In another large bowl (or in a food processor), combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon, then cut butter into the mixture until it has a slightly sticky crumbly texture.
- Sprinkle over the apple cranberry mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the fruit juices are bubbling and the topping is browned and crisp.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Tropical Fruit Salad
- 2 (20-ounce) cans cored pineapple, undrained
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon of grated lime rind
- 6 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
- 4 kiwifruits, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 2 papayas, peeled and cubed
- Garnishes: 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, fresh mint leaves
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- Cut pineapple into cubes.
- Stir together reserved juice, honey, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add pineapple and remaining fruit, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Garnish, if desired.
Hope you enjoy trying out these recipe and also that your special dad enjoys eating it! If you are looking for more alternatives for that special day, you can be sure that there are more on this website!