Lemon flavored desserts are one of my favorites and this one is no exception. What I like most about it is that it isn’t too sweet and making it in the summer is a great, refreshing idea! Using pecan in the crust really adds flavour – you just have to try it for yourself and let me know how you liked it!
- 1/2 cup of ground pecans
- 2/3 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butted, melted
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 can (14 oz.) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F with rack on lowest level
- Spread pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden, tossing occassionally for about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a food processor, finely grind graham crackers, sugar and pecans
- Add melted butter and process until completely combined
- Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie pan
- Bake until crust is lightly browned – about 8 minutes, then let cool on a wire rack
- In a large bowl beat the egg yolks with condensed milk
- Stir in the lemon juice
- Spoon filling into cooled crust
- Bake until filling is set and crust is golden brown around the edges – about 15-20 minutes
- Let cool slightly, then refrigerate for at least an hour
You can garnish this pie with a variety of toppings – fresh whipping cream is great, or you can sprinkle it with icing sugar. I love topping with with raspberries! Another idea is to use this recipe to make lemon squares – so fast and easy!
If you like to try something different – try one of these:
Hope you have enjoyed this recipe – please send me your comments, suggestions and experiences – your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!