gives it a brand new flavor and the shrimp is awesome topping!
- 1/2 tsp. of lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3/4 lb. of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbs. of vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups of sliced leeks (white part only)
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 2 tbs. of butter
- 3-1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of packed watercress or spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup of instant potato flakes
- 2 tbs. of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp. of fresh chopped thyme
- 3 cups of frozen peas, divided
- 2 tbs. of chopped fresh dill
- Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning evenly over shrimp.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook shrimp in oil for about 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from saucepan and set aside.
- In same saucepan over medium-low heat and covered, cook leeks and onion in butter for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Remove cover.
- Add the next 5 ingredients and 2-3/4 cups of peas.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- In blender, puree soup in 2 batches for 30 seconds or until smooth, adding chicken broth if desired.
- Return soup to saucepan
- Stir in fresh dill and remaining peas and top with cooked shrimp.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated.