I am thinking – it is almost spring and we are all just wanting to be outside.But for now, I just want to add one recipe that is delicious, takes little time to prepare and will give you more time to actually be outside as the weather starts warming up! Personally – I love my slow cooker and I use it a lot. It’s great to put all the stuff in it in the morning and have a great meal in time for dinner! Try it and make sure to let me know how it turned out for you!
Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs:
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion – chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of each – dried oregano and hot pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of minced fresh parley
- 1 lb. of spaghetti, cooked
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of grated onion
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of each dried basil, oregano, salt and pepper
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
Directions to Make Meatballs: In a bowl, beat eggs, mix in onion, garlic, bread crumbs, cheese, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix in beef and shape into balls (you should have about 16, depending on the size you want) Bake on foiled-lined baking sheet at 400F oven until firm – about 10 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat oil over medium heat, cook onion, garlic, oregano, hot pepper flakes and salt, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add to slow cooker.
- Stir in tomatoes, cover and cook on low heat until slightly thickened – about 4 hours.
- Stir in parley and serve over cooked spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with additional grated Parmesan cheese and grated mozzarella before serving – will give it an little extra flavour!
For more delicious homemade recipes made in your slow cooker, check out:
Hope you will enjoy making these delicious meals – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated