Last Updated on
This is one of my favourite summer salads – I love the mixture of flavours – apples and celery…. there is just something special about it! You can serve Waldorf salad with cold sliced chicken, smoked salmon or any other light meat. It is one of the rich salads, so it stand well as a meal itself as well. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of cubed tart apples
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1/2 cup of walnut pieces
- ½ cup of raisins
- ½ cup of whipping cream
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- Sprinkle apples with sugar, lemon juice and salt.
- Add celery, walnuts and raisins.
- Whip cream and fold mayonnaise into cream.
- Gently fold into apple mixture.
- Chill and serve in a lettuce lined bowl.