Last Updated on January 4, 2018 by Hanna Trafford
These enchiladas make an excellent dish and chances are your family will be asking for them even when you no longer have turkey leftovers!
- 3 cups of cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of cooked long grain rice
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of canned green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/3 cup of sliced, ripe olives
- 1/4 cup of minced, fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 8 flour tortillas ( 10 inch size)
- 1 can (28 oz.) of green enchilada sauce, divided
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- In a large saucepan, combine first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil, Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place 1/2 cup of turkey mixture down center of each tortilla, top with 1 teaspoon of enchilada sauce and 12 tablespoons of cheese.
- Roll up and place seam edge down in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top, sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Cover and bake at 350F for about 30 minutes
- Uncover and bake for about 10 minutes longer – until bubbly.
These enchiladas can be easily made from turkey meat you have frozen after your Thanksgiving dinner – or save the recipe and make them later – when your family is ready for more turkey![contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]