Last Updated on
These enchiladas make an excellent dish and chances are your family will be asking for them even when you no longer have turkey leftovers!
- 3 cups of cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of cooked long grain rice
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of canned green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/3 cup of sliced, ripe olives
- 1/4 cup of minced, fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 8 flour tortillas ( 10 inch size)
- 1 can (28 oz.) of green enchilada sauce, divided
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- In a large saucepan, combine first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil, Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place 1/2 cup of turkey mixture down center of each tortilla, top with 1 teaspoon of enchilada sauce and 12 tablespoons of cheese.
- Roll up and place seam edge down in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top, sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Cover and bake at 350F for about 30 minutes
- Uncover and bake for about 10 minutes longer – until bubbly.
These enchiladas can be easily made from turkey meat you have frozen after your Thanksgiving dinner – or save the recipe and make them later – when your family is ready for more turkey![contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]