Last Updated on July 29, 2013 by Hanna Trafford
I look for healthy recipes whenever I can and here is one that uses Splenda instead of sugar. That reduces the calorie count to 160 per muffin, with total carbs at 29 gms and cholesterol to 35 mg. And they taste awesome – especially if you use fresh blueberries that are now in season!
Sugar Free Blueberry Muffins Recipe:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of light margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of Splenda No calorie sweetener, granulated
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of low fat milk
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup of raising – optional
- Place your oven rack in top 1/3 of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and lightly spray the liners with non stick cooking spray
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Beat margarine at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add Splenda and honey, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed until blended after each addition.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
Do you need more recipes for Great Muffins? Just click on the link:
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!