Last Updated on July 30, 2013 by Hanna Trafford
Salmon fillets are one of my favourite. After cooking it several traditional ways – like grilling with lemon juice, I started looking for some more creative ways to prepare this wonderful food. I am sharing the top five I tried – they are all equally delicious and easy to make!
Salmon with Sautéed Tomatoes:
This recipe will take you about 20-25 minutes to prepare:
- Cook 1 cup of couscous.
- Then cook 2 pints of grape tomatoes with 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, non stick skillet over medium-high until soft – about 4-6 minutes.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of chopped fresh dill and transfer to a plate.
- Season 4 6 oz. pieces of skinless salmon fillet with 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Cook salmon in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet until opaque throughout – 4-6 minutes per side.
- Serve over the tomatoes and couscous.
Salmon Tacos with Cabbage Slaw:
This recipe will take about 20 minutes to prepare.
- Season 1 lb. of skinless salmon fillet with 1 teaspoons of cumin and 1.4 teaspoon each kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Cook in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high hear until opaque throughout – 4-6 minutes per side.
- Flake the fillets and toss with 2 cups of thinly sliced red cabbage and 1 chopped avocado with 3 tablespoons of lime juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1.2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Serve wrapped in 8 warm corn tortillas with the slaw and cilantro.
Roasted Salmon with Pesto Vegetables:
This recipe will take only about 10 minutes to prepare.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss 2 thinly sliced bell peppers, 1 thinly sliced red onion and 4 slices of bread (torn) with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Nestle 4- 6oz. salmon fillets in the mixture and season with 3./4 teaspoon of kosher salt and 11/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Roast at 450F until the salmon is opaque throughout and the vegetables are tender – about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve topped with 1/4 cup of pesto.
Salmon and Arugula Salad:
This recipe will take about 25 minutes to prepare
- Season 3.4 lb. of salmon fillets with 1/4 teaspoon of each kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Cook in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non stick skillet over medium high heat until opaque throughout. – 4-6 minutes per side
- Let cool and flake.
- Toss with 2 bunches of arugula, 1-15 oz. can of chick peas (rinsed) , 1/.4 sliced small red onion, 1/2 sliced cucumber, 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives and 1/4 cup of your favourite vinaigrette.
Salmon with Fennel and Carrots:
This recipe will take about 45 minutes to prepare.
- In a 9 by 13 baking dish, toss 1 sliced bulb of fennel, 2 sliced carrots, 1 sliced shallot and 1/4 cup of dry white wine.
- Top with 4 6 oz. pieces of skinless salmon fillets
- Season with 3/4 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- Top with 1 sliced lemon.
- Cover with foil and roast at 400F until the salmon is opaque throughout – 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped fennel fronds.
Hope you will enjoy these recipes – please send me your comments, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!