Last Updated on September 14, 2011 by Hanna Trafford
As I was going around few stores yesterday, running errands and picking up supplies, I realized that the season is starting sneak up on all of us just a little bit faster each year.Place after place surprised me with fall displays and mountains of pumpkins. It does seems a bit early – it is only mid September – but the way time flies these days, it will be here before we know it. So – here is one of my favourite cheesecake recipes. The difference in this one is the use of crystallized ginger – it gives the cheesecake a little different flavour and I think you will love it!
- 1-1/4 cups of graham wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 – 14 oz. can of of canned pumpkin
- 1 lb. of cream cheese – softened
- 1-1/2 cups of whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream – whipped
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a bowl,m mix together crumb crust ingredients and press firmly into bottom and up half sides of 9″ springform baking pan
- Start making hte filling by mixing together canned pumpkin and cream cheese until smooth
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Pour into springform pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn oven off and allow cheesecake to cool for in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight
- Make topping and either cover the cooled cheesecake with it, or serve with a dollop of it on the top of each slice. Sprinkle topping with crystallized ginger if you wish.
Hope you have enjoyed this recipe – please send in your comments. suggestions and experiences – your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated