This could be one recipe that will keep coming back to your list of favourites years after year. It is easy to make and shortbread cookies keep well in an air-tight storage container, so you can make them ahead of time and save them for offering them to your family and guests during the Christmas holidays.
- 1/4 cup of butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Combine flour, sugar and cocoa; add to creamed mixture.
- Beat until dough holds together, about 3 minutes.
- Pat into a 9-in. x 4-in. rectangle.
- Cut into 2-in. x 1-1/2-in. strips or small squares.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Prick with a fork.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Hope you will enjoy making and easting these delightful treats – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated.