I have tried number of brownie recipes and this one is the one I give my vote to! I like the idea that it is made with cocoa and the ganache works really well! Try it and surprise your family or friends with this old fashioned treat!
Old Fashioned Brownies:
1/3 cup of melted butter
1 cup of brown sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
¾ cups of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of salt
3 heaping teaspoons of cocoa
1/2 cup of chopped nuts
- Add sugar to melted butter and then add the beaten egg.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder. Add nuts.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix together well.
- Put the batter into greased 8×8 pan and bake at 375F for about 20 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Ice with chocolate ganache while still warm.
6 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate , finely chopped
6 tablespoon of heavy cream
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
Place the chocolate in a large mixing bowl and set aside. Bring the butter and cream to almost boiling point in a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour the hot mixture over the finely chopped chocolate, let stand for about 3o seconds and then stir quickly until nice and smooth.
Spread the ganache over brownies while still warm.
Hope you enjoy this recipe – please send in your comments and suggestions, your input ia always very much appreciated!