Last Updated on August 14, 2009 by Hanna Trafford
This is a great recipe for delicious pizza casserole you can literally throw together in the morning for an easy dinner.
Make-Ahead Pizza Casserole:
1/2 lb. of shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/4 lb. of chopped prosciutto
2 medium tomatoes, cored and diced
6 cups of cubed Italian or French bread (about 1 medium loaf)
1-1/4 cup of skim milk
1/2 cup of reduced-fat sour cream
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1 teaspoon of dried basil
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, toss together the mozzarella cheese, prosciutto, tomatoes and bread.
- Arrange the bread mixture evenly in the baking pan.
- Using the same bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk.
- Add the milk, sour cream, oregano, basil and garlic powder. Beat well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread, tilting the baking pan from side to side to soak all the bread cubes evenly.
- Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350F, uncover the casserole and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and crisp on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving if desired.
- If you like really cheesy pizza, add more shredded mozzarella cheese all over the top right after baking.
Hope you enjoy this recipe – please send in your comments of suggestions – your input is always welcomed!