Last Updated on November 16, 2012 by Hanna Trafford
- 4 springs of rosemary
- 2 lemons, washed and quartered
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 42F
- Stuff rosemary and 1 cut lemon into the chicken cavity
- Tuck wings under and tie chicken legs together with kitchen twine\Set chicken on a rack in a roasting or baking pan
- Rub chicken all over with olive oil and season with 1 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- Roast until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of the thigh reads 160F – 45-50 minutes
- Serve with fresh lemon quarters
You can substitute limes or oranges for lemons and use other fresh herbs, such as thyme, instead of rosemary. You can also add couple whole crushed garlic cloves to the chicken cavity.
Hope you will enjoy this light and easy recipe – please send me your comments, suggestions and experiences – your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!