Last Updated on
There is a pretty good chance that you have a leftover turkey in your refrigerator and you are wondering what to do with it. That is – after you had another meal, hot or cold turkey sandwich and now there are pieces left over that you don’t want to just throw out. Here is a great recipe that calls for pieces of the bird – and it does make a great lunch or dinner dish!
Leftover Turkey Cheese Bake
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- ½ cup of chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 1 can of sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (2 oz.) of diced pimiento, drained
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 package (8 oz.) of noodles, cooked and drained
- 3 cups of diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of buttered bread crumbs
- In a skillet, sauté onions and green peppers in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in soup, mushrooms, pimientos and basil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, turkey and cheeses, add mushrooms sauce and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 13 x 9 inches baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 350F for 40 – 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with crumbs and bake 15 minutes longer.
Enjoy this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you – as always, your comments, suggestions and experiences and very much appreciated!