Last Updated on
Just like with everything else – you could add cranberry sauce to your shopping list, go to your local supermarket, pick one up, open the can and serve it. Or – you can make this easy, delicious cranberry relish and treat your family and guests to a totally different taste. That little different taste comes from what you add to fresh cranberries: jalapeno peppers will give your relish a nice kick that will get toned down by the addition of maple syrup. Try this recipe – I think you will never buy another can of pre-made cranberry sauce again!
Photo by Elise – Simply Recipes
For more wonderful stuff, check out: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/cranberry_relish/
- 1 orange
- 1 package of fresh cranberries (12 oz.)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Granulated sugar – optional
- Remove rind from orange.
- Chop rind and place in food processor.
- Working over food processor to catch juice, cut off white pith; cut between membrane and pulp to release fruit into food processor.
- Add cranberries, jalapeno peppers, maple syrup and salt; blend until fairly smooth.
- Let stand for at least one hour.
- Add up to 2 tablespoons of sugar if desired to sweeten
Hope you have enjoyed this recipe – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated