- 1 halibut fillet (about 1 lb.), skinned and cut into 4 pieces
- Pinch of each salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup of packed fresh dill
- 1/3 cup of slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon of each salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Using mini blender pulse together parsley. dill, almonds, salt and pepper 5 times.
- Pour in oil, 1 tablespoon of water, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Puree until smooth thick paste.
- Set aside.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook fish, turning once, until golden and fish flakes easily when tested with fork – about 6-8 minutes.
- Serve with pesto.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments, your input is always welcomed and much appreciated!