Last Updated on
You can cheat here a little bit to make this cake very easy to put together. Using quick bread and coffee cake mix and topping it with fresh apples makes up nicely for the cheat!
Fresh Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- 1 package cinnamon swirl quick bread and coffee cake mix
- 3/4 cups of water
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of finely chopped Granny Smith apples
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray 13 x 9 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Set aside cinnamon swirl mix.
- Beat quick bread mix, water, egg whites and vanilla in a medium bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Spread apples evenly over batter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon swirl mix.
- Bake 22 -25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Remove cake to wire rack and cool for minimum of 15 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and serve warm at room temperature.
Please note: These flavors are at their peak when this coffee cake is served warm. To reheat, microwave on high for 10-15 minutes.
And consider serving it with vanilla ice cream – delicious!