Last Updated on September 30, 2009 by Hanna Trafford
This just may be the time of the year when looking for recipe that results in “comfort food” is the thing to do. And I seriously consider roast chicken to be one of them – especially with a bit of garlic….. Try it today and enjoy!
Easy Garlic Roast Chicken:
2 chickens – about 2-1/2 lbs. each
10-12 cloves of garlic
2 onions – quartered
6 springs of fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons of olive oil
salt and pepper
- Pat chickens dry and remove any excess fat from cavities.
- Remove giblets if neccessary and reserve for another use (such as making stock)
- Peel garlic, cut each clove leghtwise into thin slices.
- Slide your fingers carefully under the skin on the breast os each each chicken to separate the skin from the flesh. Arrange slices of garlic evenly between breast nad skin.
- Place one onion and 3 springs of rosemary in cavity of each chicken.
- Rub chickens all over with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chickens on rack in roasting pan. Roast at 400F for about 1 hours or until meat thermometer registers 185F and juices run clear when chickens are picked with a skewer.
- Transfer chickens to serving platter and let stand, coered, for about 15 minutes.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe – please send in your comments, experiences and suggestions – yiour input is always welcomed!