Here are three recipes for you – easy to make and delicious. Easy Roast Turkey, Ham with Pineapple and Apple Walnut stuffed Pork Roast. Making Christmas dinner should not leave you too tired to enjoy it with you family and friends so I do hope these will help you have great holidays!
- 1 (18 pound) whole turkey
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 -1/2 quarts turkey stock
- 8 cups of prepared stuffing
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees .
- Place rack in the lowest position of the oven.
- Remove the turkey neck and giblets, rinse the turkey, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in the roasting pan.
- Loosely fill the body cavity with stuffing.
- Rub the skin with the softened butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Position an aluminum foil tent over the turkey.
- Place turkey in the oven, and pour 2 cups turkey stock into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Baste all over every 30 minutes with the juices on the bottom of the pan. Whenever the drippings evaporate, add stock to moisten them, about 1 to 2 cups at a time.
- Remove aluminum foil after 2 1/2 hours.
- Roast until a meat thermometer inserted in the meaty part of the thigh reads 180 degrees F ,about 4 hours.
- Transfer the turkey to a large serving platter, and let it stand for at least 20 to 30 minutes before carving.
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 1 apple – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 -1/2 cups of water
- 5 cups of dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 (3 pound) boneless rolled pork loin roast
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the apple, onion, celery, and walnuts, and cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Mix in the applesauce, water, and breadcrumbs.
- Cook and stir until the breadcrumbs have absorbed the liquid.
- Season with cinnamon, kosher salt, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Unroll the pork roast, and place in a baking dish.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture over the roast.
- Arrange any excess stuffing around the roast.
- Roll the roast so that the fatty side is on top, and tie with kitchen twine.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, to an internal temperature of 160 degrees
- 1 (12 pound) bone-in ham
- 1/2 cup of whole cloves
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can of pineapple rings in heavy syrup
- 1 (4 ounce) jar of chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle of lemon-lime flavoured carbonated beverage
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- Place ham in a roasting pan.
- Score the rind of the ham with a diamond pattern.
- Press a clove into the center of each diamond.
- Drain the juice from the pineapple rings into a medium bowl, and stir in the brown sugar and lemon-lime soda.
- Coat the ham with this mixture.
- Arrange the pineapple rings over the outside of the ham.
- Place a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple ring, and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake uncovered for 4 to 5 hours, basting frequently with the juices, until the internal temperature of the ham is 160 degrees F. Be sure the meat thermometer is not touching the bone.
- Remove toothpicks before serving
Hope you will enjoy these recipes – please send ion your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!