Last Updated on August 23, 2009 by Hanna Trafford
This is a great recipe for a totally different breakfast idea! You may or may not agree, but just picture the aroma of baking cinnamon in your home first thing in the morning – it is a real treat! Of course it is also perfect as a dessert and works real well when you want to impress your dinner guests!
Cinnamon Biscuit Peach Cobbler:
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons cold butter
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 cup water
9 cups sliced peeled peaches
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda; cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in milk just until blended.
- Transfer to a floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Pat into a 12-in. square. Brush with melted butter.
- Combine the walnuts, cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edge.
- Roll up jelly-roll style. Seal dough; set aside.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and lemon peel. Gradually stir in water until blended. Add peaches. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cut biscuit dough into twelve 1-in. slices; arrange biscuits over filling. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe – let me know how it turned our for you! Your comments and suggestions are always welcomed!