Last Updated on
The combination of sweet bread with special taste of cranberries and irrestible flavour of orange will make this a definite favourite for your holdiay treat selection. You can serve it for breakfast, brunch or dessert with lunch or dinner – it lends itself to any occassion. And you can make it ahead of time and freeze it for whenever you choose to serve it, it tastes just as good after you take it out of the freezer.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 -1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of grated orange zest
- 1 -1/2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup of pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup of margarine, softened
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in orange zest, cranberries, and pecans.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, and egg until smooth.
- Stir in orange juice.
- Beat in flour mixture until just moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Wrap in plastic when completely cool.
Hope you have enjoyed this recipe, please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated