One more very nice treat for you to make for this Halloween! This is a really tasty, moist cake that will surprise you – if only because it is not the usual way to use pumpkin. The fact that this recipe uses cake mix is a bit different from all the other recipes I usual share – but for the sake of time, I decided to try it and I wasn’t sorry! Plus – Orange glaze that is drizzled over the cake gives it an extra flavour that I am sure everyone will enjoy. Try it today – you will not be disappointed!
1 spice cake mix
3 large eggs
1/2 cup oil
15 oz. can pumpkin puree
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1-1/2 cups cinnamon chips or chocolate chips
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
For Orange Glaze:
cup powdered sugar
3-4 Tbsp. orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bundt cake pan.
2. With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, eggs, oil, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice together until smooth.
3. Remove 1 cup of the batter to a smaller bowl.
4. Stir the cinnamon chips into the remaining cake batter, then pour into the prepared bundt pan.
5. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate for 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir, and repeat, if necessary, until the chocolate is melted.
6. Stir chocolate into the reserved 1 cup of cake batter.
7. Dollop the chocolate batter mixture over the cake batter in the bundt pan. Using a knife, swirl the chocolate batter into the regular pumpkin cake batter.
8. Bake 28-35 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Invert cake and let cool.
10. To make glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar and orange juice. Drizzle over cooled cake.
Have a Happy Halloween and let me know how this cake turned out for you! Your comments, suggestions and input is always appreciated