Last Updated on February 16, 2010 by Hanna Trafford
If you or your family member are diabetic, here are some great breakfast recipes for you!
Apricot Morning Drink
1 – 16 ounce can of sugar free apricot halves
1-1/2 cups of skim milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of liquid sweetener
Grounf cinnamon to taste
Orange slices for garnish (optional)
Combine all ingredients except the cinnamon in a blender and cover.
Blend at medium speed for abour 30 seconds.
Pour into glasses and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
Garnish with orange slices if desired.
1/2 teaspoon of butter
1 teaspoon of granulated sugar replacement
dash of ground cinnamon
dash of ground nutmeg
- Cut grapefruit in half.
- Loosen sections with a sharp knife or a grapefruit spoon
- Place a 1.4 teaspoon of butter in middle of each half
- Sprinkle each half with 1/2 teaspoon of granulated sugar replacement, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Broil 4 inches from heat for 6-8 minutes
- Serve hot
Italian Scrambled Eggs
1 small butternut squash,thinly sliced and chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons of butter
1 cup of meatless spaghetti sauce
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons of water
- In a medium skillet, lightly saute squash and onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until onion is translucent.
- Add spaghetti sauce and eason lightly with salt and pepper
- Simmer for about 5 minutes and set aside
- Beat together eggs and water
- In a large skillet, scramble eggs in remaining butter
- Serve immediately
Baked Apple Fritters
1 cup of honey graham crackers, crushed into crumbs
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 large apples, peeled and chopped into small pieces
4 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Combine graham crackers with cinnamon
- Mix apple slices with lemon juice to coat evenly
- Combine graham cracker and apple mixes
- Place on greased cookie sheet using tablespoon to form fritters
- Bake at 400F for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve warm
1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of dry oatmeal
1/4 cup of cornmeal
1 tablespoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons of natural butter flavour mix
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of low-calorie margarine
1-1/2 cup of buttermilk
- Combine the flour, oatmeal, cornmeal ,butter mix and salt in a medium bowl.
- Add the egg and margarine
- Stir to mix
- Stir in the buttermilk
- Cover and allow the batter to rest for 20 minutes or until double in size
- Bake waffles in preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions
Baked French Toast
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 cup of 2% milk
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
6 slices of wholewheat bread
1 cup of bran flakes
1/4 cup of margarine, melted
- Combine eggs, milk, salt amd vanilla in shallow dish
- Dip bread in egg mixture turning once, and allow time for both sides to absorb the liquid
- Coat evenly with bran flakes and place in single layer on a well-greased baking sheet
- Drizzle with margarine
- Bake at 450F for about 10 minutes or until nice and crisp and brown
- Serve warm with sugar reduced maple syrup
Hope you enjoy getting these recipes – please share your comments and send in your suggestions – your input is a always very welcomed!
Baked apple fritters. The picture is deceiving. out of the oven came lemon flavored apples slightly over cooked on the bottom. mostly pale in color and not resembling the dough consistency as shown in the picture. really disappointing. I added and egg, 1/4 c flour and a few tablespoons of sugar and they improved only slightly. please review this recipe and see if your results are similar or if you just need to update the photo. thank you.
I like your view. My research has shown your ideas to be true, however I have also read the opposite from other posts like this one. Do you have any thoughts for finding more savvy ideas on natural health or related topics? I would most appreciate it!
Hello Breann! Thanks so much for your comment and your request. I will most definitely be including more information on natural health and topic that are related – I am working on getting a regular contributor as well so I hope you will keep watching my website on regular basis and continue sending your comments and suggestions. Thanks again!