Last Updated on
Here is a recipe for you for a real treat – cheesecake with flavours you may not have thought about. The sweet taste of pears with a flavour of ginger and smootheness of cheesecake. It is easy to put together and you can serve it as a treat to your family or suprise your friends when entertaining.
Baked Ginger Pear Cheesecake:
- 1-1/4 cups of crushed ginger cookies
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 can of pear halves, drained and patted dry
- 3 packages of Philadelpia cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cups of sliced almonds. toasted
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter, press the mixture firmly into 9-inch springform pan.
- Arrange pears over crumbs
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixture on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
- Pour over pears.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes of until the centre is almost set. Run knife around rim of the pan to loosen cake; cool completely or refrigerate 3 hours or overnight
- Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.
Hope you will enjoy trying this recipe – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences – your input is always welcomed and much appreciated!