Last Updated on
When you think about it – it is easier for guys to pick up a Valentines Day gift for their loved ones. Who doesn’t like beautiful long stem roses…. Or a box of exclusive Belgium truffles? I know – I should be encouraging men to get more creative, more original, but I decided to help the ladies with sparking a bit of creativity this time.
Here are a few ideas that are easy to make, are quite inexpensive and definitely are a bit different:
I Am Nuts About You:
You can add a card with this statement to this gift – in your handwriting of course! Just get a nice jar or a gift box, fill it with his favourite nuts and there you go – how easy was that? Personally, I would use chocolate covered almonds, they are my husband’s favourite, but you can use any nuts or a nut mixture.
Love You To Pieces:
How about getting a large print of a photo of the two of you and cutting it into a puzzle? You can then put the pieces into a nice little gift box, put a fancy ribbon on it and you will have a gift that he will remember for a long time
You Complete Me:
We all know that famous line from Jerry McGuire – it really stuck ion many, many minds and is no doubt being used over and over. But – borrow the idea from above gift and same as in Love You To Pieces, grab your favourite picture, get a large print – and you can even add the statement into the picture. Then cut into puzzle pieces, break the pieces into a gift box, adorn with a gift ribbon and you have yet another creative gift for him!
If you don’t feel like either one of the above suggestions are good for what you would like to give, here is a list of the most popular Valentines Day gifts for a man:
- Chocolates – apparently because they are a noncommittal gift. It should be a good quality box of chocolates and if you are not sure about what kind of chocolates, get the assorted ones.
- Dog Treats – if there is four legged buddy in the picture, why not get a nice box of healthy treats? Just make sure he doesn’t think they are cookies for him…..
- Flowers – personally, I don’t see anything wrong with giving guy flowers – they shouldn’t be roses, but how about a nice exotic flowering orchids or a bunch of fragrant gardenias?
- A Pendant – it could be a heart shaped one and doesn’t have to be gold. If it has your initial in it….that much nicer!
- Hand-dipped strawberries – and I don’t have to tell you that the way to give them would be to feed them to him along with offering sips of champagne – now that is a pretty romantic move!
- Probably the best one and one of my favourite ones – Bed and Breakfast Getaway is great for both of you. Offering a mix of comfort and luxury, lot of destination will offer specials and special treats for Valentines Day.
Hope these ideas will help you find that perfect Valentines Day gift for him – please send in your comments and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated