I took these pictures outside of my house last Halloween and can’t believe that a year has gone by already. I have a lot of fun decorating for any holidays and totally enjoy watching faces of little trick or treaters checking everything out and enjoying themselves. You will see from the pictures that nothing I used is expensive or elaborate.
Here is what I did:
- The pumpkin lights came from a second hand store – a bag of them cost me $2
- The ghost was the best thing – I bought him the previous year at 80% off sale and paid about $4 for him. He lights up, makes scarry noises and shakes the fabric cage. Can’t wait to put him up again this year!
- I found the scary black car in a garage sale in summer. It is motion controlled and meows when you come close to it, plus the eyes and mouth change colours. It runs on batteries so no need to find a cord and a plug.
- Checking around my basement, I realized that Christmas candle lights will work well to add another effect so I borrowed them and stuck them into the front flower bad.
- On one of my trips to the Dollar store, I saw these ghost pillows – made from satin material with pretty scary faces painted on. When I hung them up using a fish line, they looked like they were flying through the air. It was a windy night and the effect was awesome!
So – brief summary – my Halloween decoration cost me about $15!
I hope that maybe they will be a bit of an inspiration for you and if you have any questions, please let me know.
My Halloween Pictures:
Hope you have enjoyed checking out these picutres and that you will get some Halloween decorating ideas from them. Please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated