One of our favourite places to visit is Pickerel Lake Lodge in Burk’s Falls, Ontario. This beautiful resort has everything you could think of. I call it: “My way of visiting with nature” It is located on Pickerel Lake, short drive from major highway (#11) and it offers very comfortable lodgings from a spacious hotel rooms to queen and king suites (complete with Jacuzzi tubs) to 2-story chalets and incredible log homes for groups of visitors. Indoor pool, spa hot tub, fitness centre, lounge and restaurant overlooking the lake make for easy choice for any occasion. Pickerel Lake Lodge is perfect for events like weddings, anniversaries and business meeting as well.
During our last visit, I sneaked into the kitchen to check out what Chef Rob was preparing for the next day’s Mothers Day brunch. My timing was perfect – he was just taking these incredible tea biscuits from the oven. Of course – he offered me one and I tell you – I wasn’t sure that I could only eat one! Graciously, Tammy – the young lady who assists management of the lodge – shared her recipe not only with Chef Rob but with me to share with all of you. Enjoy it and if you ever have a chance, make sure you visit Pickerel Lake Lodge – you will love it!I have includes a few pictures from Pickerel Lake Lodge so you can see just what a beautiful place it is.
Ham and Cheddar Tea Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 and a half cup diced ham
- 1 cup cheese shredded
- Combine flour, baking powder,salt and sugar
- Add ham a cheddar and mix with dry ingredients
- Make well in the centre of mixture and add all remaining ingredients, stirring gently until mixed in
- Grease muffin tins ,fill at least half full with biscuit batter and bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can brush the biscuits with melted butter while they are still warm if you choose to.
Hope you enjoy this recipe and please send in your comments and suggestions – your imput is always very much welcomed and appreciated!
Beautiful Pickerel Lake Lodge in Burk’s Falls, Ontario, Canada
If you want to see more pictures from Pickerel Lake Lodge
just click on the link