Last Updated on June 24, 2014 by Hanna Trafford
Here is one of my quick and easy and very delicious recipe – definitely a nice addition to any dinner or lunch or as a snack. Try serving it with nice salad for a great summer meal!
- 1 – 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of buttermilk baking mix
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed, divided
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Drain tomatoes, reserving juice.
- Combine baking mix, 1 teaspoon of oregano and 2/3 cup of reserved tomato juice in medium bowl.
- Press dough evenly to edges of 11 x 7 x 2 inch greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese and remaining oregano over batter.
- Distribute tomato pieces evenly over cheese and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375F oven for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting squares to serve.