Last Updated on
It is really easy to put all ingredients together into your slow cooker, turn the heat on, go after your daily business and have a delicious dinner ready without a whole lot of effort. I love this sauce – it is rich in flavour and tastes delicious. Try it as soon as you can – you will love it!
- 28 oz. can of tomatoes, with juice, mashed
- 5-1/2 oz. can of tomato paste
- 1 cup of finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon of dried whole oregano
- 1 teaspoon of parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon of liquid gravy browner
- 1 teaspoon of beef bouillon powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- 10 oz. can of sliced mushrooms, drained
- Combine first 13 ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir well.
- Add ground beef and mushrooms.
- Turn into 3 ½ quart (3.5 L) slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours or on High for 3 ½ to 4 ½ hours.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Makes 6 cups (1.5 L).
Hope you have enjoyed this recipe, please send me your comments, suggestions and experiences – your input is welcomed and very much appreciated!