I just made this cake this afternoon – it smells great when baking and tastes even better! It was really easy to put together and the combination of fresh raspberries and fresh peaches is awesome! Try it – you will not be disappointed!
- 10 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1-2/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 -1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 6 large peaches, about 1 1/2 pounds, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
- Pint of fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 package of vanilla sugar
- Butter and flour a 9-inch springform pan. Heat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat 10 tablespoons butter and the granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl combine the 1 2/3 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture until well blended, scraping the sides of the bowl a few times.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Arrange raspberries evenly over the batter, the arrange peaches over them, pressing lightly, in a concentric circle, overlapping as needed.
- Combine the topping ingredients with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Sprinkle the crumbs over the peaches.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes, or until golden brown and peaches are tender and bubbly.
Serve this peach cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious dessert.
And a little helpful tip:
If you have a problem peeling your peaches, blanch them first. Put a pot of water on, bring to boil and throw in the peaches for about 1-2 minutes. Take them out, cool them and you will have no problem taking the peels off.