Last Updated on
Use leftover sour cream to create this delicious pie – You will love the creamy texture and avoid discarding sour cream that you have sitting in your fridge. Its very easy to put together and you can use either store bought crust or make you own using my Flaky Pastry recipe:
- 2 cups of finely chopped tart apples
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 pie shell, unbaked
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of butter
- Mix 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons flour
- Add sour cream, egg, vanilla and salt.
- Add apples
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/3 cup flour; cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over pie and return to oven.
- Bake for another 20 minutes at 325°.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences – your input is always welcomed and much appreciated