Last Updated on July 8, 2009 by Hanna Trafford
The easiest way to grill vegetables on the grill is in a foil packet, because you don’t have to worry about anything burning or falling through the grill. The other advantage of grilling your vegetables this way is that you can flavour them as desired.
Here are simple directions for you:
- Cut double thickness 24-inch length of heavy duty foil and fold in half crosswise
- Unfold foil, mound your vegetables (see vegetable guide below) on one side, close to fold. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of melted butter or extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs and about 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Fold foil over; fold in sides and seal to form packet. You can prepare this ahead and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- Place your vegetable packet over medium-high heat, close lid and cook, turning once until vegetables are tender.
- To serve, shake gently to distribute seasonings.Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice if desired.
Vegetable and Time Guide:
1. Asparagus – 1 lb. – Cook time – 10 minutes
2. Potatoes (new,mini,halved) – 2 lbs. – Cook time – 18 minutes
3. 3 cups of corn, peas or other frozen vegetables – Cook time – 6-8 minutes
4. 12 oz. of green beans,trimmed and 1 cup of fresh sliced mushrooms – Cook time – 12 minutes
5. 4 cups of carrots and 1 small onion,sliced – Cook time – 15 minutes
6. 4 cups of broccoli florets and half red sweet pepper, chopped – Cook time – 9 minutes
Hope you will enjoy preparing your vegetables this way – your comments and suggestions are as always very much appreciated!