Last Updated on November 5, 2011 by
The great thing about this salad is that not only does it taste really good, you can serve it cold, room temperature or warm it up. I made it for Sunday dinner and served it with Garlic Pork Loin Roast – easy and very good dinner!
- About 2 lbs. of small red or gold potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 cup of beer (lager)
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons (or more if you like bacon) of bacon bits
- Salt and pepper to taste
I used Brick Brewery Laker Lager – the light colour and taste was just right to enhance the flavour of this salad
- Cover potatoes with water by about 2 inches in a large pot.
- Add salt and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until they can be easily pierced with a knife
- Drain and let cool until you can handle them
- Do not peel
- Cut potatoes into about 1 inch pieces and add onion
- While waiting for potatoes to cool. combine oil, beer, vinegar and mustard.
- Pour the dressing over potatoes
- Add bacon nits, salt and pepper and gently stir to mix
- Serve warm, room temperature or cold
Hope you will enjoy making and eating this wonderful side dish! Please send me your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!