Last Updated on June 22, 2011 by Hanna Trafford
I find that aside of ice creams, sherbets or gelatos, it is not always easy to create a light summer dessert. Citrus flavours are the answer for me – and anything that turns out to be not too sweet does get great reviews from those who I serve it to. One of my favourites is a lemon udding – and this recipe is very easy to make, turns out beautifully and if you want to add something to the finished dessert, try fresh berries. Last time I made this, I covered the top with fresh raspberies – great taste combination!
Easy Homemade Lemon Sponge Pudding
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of sugar (you can cut this to a half – I always do)
- 2-1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Mix flour and sugar together.
- Add lemon juice, lemon rind, butter, milk and egg yolks; blend well.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour into a buttered 1-1/2 quart casserole; place in a pan of hot water.
- Bake in moderate oven (350F) for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool and garnish with desired fruits
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send in your comments, suggestions adn experiences, your input is always welcomed adn very much apreciated