Last Updated on
I love doing different decorative things any chance I get – and that includes making baked goods that add something special to the occassion or event. In this time of the year – Easter Bunny cake will add to the festive table and holiday decor. As you will see, it doesn’t have to be difficult and complicated – and to make the easiest way possible it is OK to use cake mix and ready made frosting. Here are simple directions -try it and you will have a cake kids will love and your family and friends will admire!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 3 3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla frosting
- 30 small jellybeans
- 4 red licorice
- Heat oven and prepare two 9 inch round baking pans as directed on cake box.
- Prepare cake batter with as directed on package adding in 1/2 cup of coconut.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake and cool cake as directed on package.
- When cooled, place one whole 9 inch cake layer on serving tray, forming the bunny’s head.
- Cut 2 convex shaped ears from each side of the second layer, place on each side of head to form ears.
- Use concave shaped piece for the bowtie, place about 1/2 inch below head.
- Frost entire bunny covering top and sides of bunny.
- Pat remaining 3- 1/4 cup coconut evenly over top and sides.
- Decorate the bunny face and bowtie with jellybeans and use the licorice to make whiskers.
Have fun making this cake and if you have pictures of it, I would love to include them on this site. Your comments, suggestions and experiences are always welcomed!