Last Updated on
You are probably thinking more about colouring eggs than to making them to eat – but I am thinking that Deveiled Eggs may just be the thing to have around for your holiday dinner as an appetizer. It is one of our family’s favourite and this is the recipe I use:
Easter Deviled Eggs:
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt to taste
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- paprika, for garnish
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- Cut eggs in half.
- Remove yolks and place in a medium bowl.
- Mash together with celery, onion, mayonnaise, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- Stuff the egg white halves with the egg yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle eggs with paprika.
- Chill covered in the refrigerator until serving.
Hope you have enjoyed this recipe -please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences, your input is always welcomed and much appreciated!