Last Updated on December 11, 2013 by Hanna Trafford
Quick to put together and very tasty. Added benefit – low fat and good for you! and here is a little tip: you can use Italian sausage meat instead of chicken – equally delicious!
- 1 lb. of ground chicken meat
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno or sweet green pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 carton of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can of white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of packed, chopped kale
- 1/4 cup of lime juice
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chicken meat and cook untill no longer pink.
- Stir in onion, pepper, garlic, chili powder and tomato paste.
- Cook. stirring until onion starts to soften – about 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth and 2 cups of water.
- Bring to boil and then reduce heat to medium.
- Add beans and kale.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is cooked – about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in lime juice just before serving.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments, your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!