Last Updated on
I absolutely love the aroma of apples and cinnamon – especially this time of the year. When it’s start cooling down outside and when there is a rainy date, baking something with apples and cinnamon just defines the description of “comfort food”. Try this recipe – it may very well become your family’s favorite!
Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake:
- 2-1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup of unsalted butter – melted
- 1-1/2 cups of packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk melted butter with brown sugar and eggs until mixture is smooth.
- Gradually whisk in flour mixture until just combined (do not overmix)
- Fold in apples with rubber spatula.
- Spoon batter into a 3-quart non-stick bundt pan and smooth top.
- Bake until a tester (or a thin knife) inserted in middle of cake comes out clean – 50-60 minutes.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack and let cool 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto the rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioner’s sugar and 1-2 tablespoons of water to form a thick yet pourable glaze.
- Set rack with cake over wax paper (for easy clean up), drizzle glaze over the cake and let it set before serving.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments and suggestions. Your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated!