Hand sanitizers have become a regular item in many households – putting precautionary measures into place to avoid germs and bacteria. You can purchase them from a selection of hand sanitizers just about anywhere, but like with lots of other items, there is an easy way to make your own. The advantage is that you know what you are putting in and you can adjust strength and effectiveness as you need to.
- 2/3 cup Isopropyl alcohol 91%
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
- Essential oil in your choice of fragrance (optional)
- A bowl and spoon
- An empty container
What To do:
- Mix the aloe vera and Isopropyl alcohol together until well blended.
- Add 8-10 drops of essential oil to the mixture for fragrance (if desired), and stir well.
- Pour the finished hand sanitizer into an empty container and seal.
Contains 65% Alcohol
- Many essential oils like tea tree oil and lavender have antibacterial properties. Use one of these to boost the germ-zapping power of your hand sanitizer.
- Save the bottles from store-bought hand sanitizer, and refill them again and again.
- A little goes a long way with this recipe. Once applied, just rub your hands together until the moisture evaporates and the stickiness vanishes.
Hope you have enjoyed this information – please send in your comments, suggestions and experiences – your input is always welcomed and very much appreciated.