Last Updated on
Believe me – this dessert is sooooo much better than just a plain pumpkin pie or anything else! And its easy to make – promise you will love it!
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars:
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopper candied ginger
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 250 gm brick of cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of 35% cream
- 3/4 cup of milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. letting paper overhang the pan’s edges.
- Stir graham crumbs with candied ginger in a medium bowl until evenly moist.
- Press over bottom of prepared poan.
- Bake in centre of oven until edges are golden – about 10 minutes.
- Whisk egg in the same bowl (no need to wash it)
- Whisk in puree, sugar, spices and salt.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes.
- Beat in cheese, with an electric mixer until combined.
- Pour mixture over warm crust.
- Bake in center oven, until filling is set when pan is jiggled – about 25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Heat cream in small saucepan over medium-high heat until hot – about 2 monutes.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread over cooled filling.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm – about 1 hour.
- Use parchment paper to lift square out of pan, then slice it into 20 bars.
- You can refrigerate this dessert for up to 5 days or freeze it up to a month.
Hope you will enjoy this recipe – please send me your comments, your input is alwasy welcomed and very much appreciated!